Fields of Interest:
Marine science, aquaculture, nature, ecological relationships, animal behavior, history (general), history of science and technology, languages and word origins, comparative religion, anthropology, archaeology.
Membership in Professional Societies:
American Society of Journalists and Authors
National Association of Science Writers
PEN American Center
Yale College, B.A., International Relations, 1950
Columbia University, M.A., American History, 1957
Freelance clients have included:
- Reader’s Digest General Books
- Science World
- Science Year (science annual of World Book Encyclopedia)
- Encyclopedia Science Supplement (Grolier, Inc.)
- Contributor to The Complete Guide to Writing Non-Fiction (Writer’s Digest Books)
- Crowell-Collier & MacMillan, May 1969 – Dec. 1970.
Co-ordinating Editor, Collier’s Encyclopedia and Merit Students Encyclopedia.
- Harcourt, Brace & World, June 1966-April 1969. Editor on basal reader series.
- Grolier, Inc., December 1961-March 1966. Senior Editor of Technology for The New Book of Knowledge, then being created.
- Artists & Writers Press, June 1959-November 1961. Specia Editor on The Harper Encyclopedia of Science; Associate Editor on The Golden Book Picture Atlas Of the World.
- P. F. Collier & Son, September 1957-June 1959. Editorial Assistant, Collier’s Encyclopedia.